Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 4 on Lupron

The last seven days have been interesting, to say the least.  Last week this time, I was sure the whole IVF plan was going to be canceled.  Insurance had denied the medications, and I was told to just wait while the dr. faxed a letter explaining the medical necessity of IVF at this point.  Not only did it take a letter, but then a conference call.  Thankfully, the insurance pre-certification company approved us!  That's a lot of emotions to have in 48 hours, though.

Today is day 4 of the Lupron shots.  The first one was painful, but only because I didn't let the alcohol dry before jabbing myself with the needle.  I guess I was just too excited, lol.  Last night's shot was completely painless (yay!), with just a little bit of itching at the injection site.  Tonight is the last night of BCPs! This first week is already going quickly!  I'm feeling excited and hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment